Essay One

So my first essay assignment is designed to introduce me to court culture. I have to explore the relationship between art and the court then pick two images which represent court painting. Next I have to define why these paintings are representative of court painting and explain their importance by explaining the works. Lastly I'm to comment on who these paintings would've been important to and for what reason. I've yet to start writing it but it will be finished today. This is just an FYI as to what I actually work on while I'm here. The two images I'm utilizing are below:


Anthony van Dyck
Charles I in the Hunting Field
1636
[Image from artstor.org]



Diego Velázquez
Las Meninas [The Maids of Honour]
1656
[Image from artstor.org]

1 comments:

Linnette said...
April 30, 2009 at 2:56 AM

Thanks for the description of what you are doing, nice to know!

Love You!
Mom

Post a Comment