A Slow Day

Today has been a much slower day compared to the action-packed days I've had thus far. First I went with Tyler into town so he could send some presents back home. All I learned from this experience is that shipping things to the U.S. is quite expensive and they really don't take much that weighs over 2kg (about 4 lbs). I also learned that the post office is a madhouse and very crowded with all kinds of people - from Brits mailing things to people changing money and many senior citizens (or pensioners as they are called here) sorting out various issues with paperwork. Next we headed to Boots which was a rather interesting store. Imagine taking the make-up counters from Macy's, the health and beauty section from a Walgreens, the pharmacy from a Walgreens and the baby clothing section from Target and mixing it all into one store - this is Boots. It was rather interesting to take in. It's where you buy most of your shampoo and such thought so it's rather important that I know where it is. Afterwards we headed to a sandwhich shop, which was extremely good and only 2.60 pounds (about 3.75USD). I had the thai chicken with cilantro sandwhich on a baguette with butter (yes they butter the warm baguette for a sandwhich) , mayo, salt, pepper, lemon juice and other toppings. It was quite good and very cheap. That pretty much sums up my day. I've got some work done to finish my classes at Georgetown and I've done some laundry - yes, I already have laundry. The loads of laundry here are super small (about 1/4 of what they are back home) and my Listerine bascially exploded on some of my clothes in my suitcase when I was flying here. Tomorrow is my first day of meals at Regent's which should be very interesting.

4 comments:

Peggy Coots said...
April 20, 2009 at 6:35 PM

I remember Boots. Your sandwich sounds good too.

Linnette said...
April 20, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Too bad about the Listerine, I thought a plastic bottle would be safe. Next time you need to pack it like the Woodford.

Emily said...
April 20, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Sad about the Listerine! But the sandwich sounds LEKKER! I'll have to try one next time. Please inform of name and location of sandwich shop.

Jason said...
April 20, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Two blocks or so up from Regent's on St. Giles walking towards Spencer House. Taylor's I believe.

Post a Comment